Can't make it to the event but want to give your tickets to a friend? Purchasing tickets as a gift and want to make sure the correct person has the ticket? Then let us help you transfer your ticket!
Tickets are validated primarily based on the ticket number and QR code, not the name on the ticket. If you are buying more than one ticket, each ticket may have your name printed on them but can be used by others as they have different QR codes. Please be aware that any and all updated ticket information must be completed before the event begins.
There are a few ways to transfer your tickets :
- You can print the ticket and mail or hand off the physical ticket.
- You can email the PDF version of the ticket or text a screenshot picture from the app or desktop.
- Keep in mind, when using the first two methods - the ticket will still have your (the ticket purchaser) name on it. If you use the third, it will change to the customer we transfer to!
- You can change the name on your tickets. Simply, login to your NIGHTOUT account, select my tickets, and update the ticket holder's name. Once you have done this, you can re-send your email confirmation and/or text the updated tickets to the new ticket owner.
- If your tickets are Will Call or Guest List, then the organizer might require the original purchaser ID to use the ticket. Please contact the organizer or support to double check. Or have NIGHTOUT Support transfer your ticket to another name! Just contact us and we will help take care of you.
Important: In rare cases, an organizer may state that tickets are non-transferrable in which case they may require that the original ticket buyer use the ticket. Although, there are exceptions and some events require that the name on the tickets matches the attendees name. To avoid any complications at the event, we recommend updating your ticket information to match the attendee's. Contact NIGHTOUT Support or the event's organizer directly to find out exactly what their ticket transfer policies are.
If you have any questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-936-3126!